Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:27:23 -0500

>>>>> "Jan-Benedict" == Jan-Benedict Glaw <address@hidden> writes:
Jan-Benedict>
Jan-Benedict> Up to now, I've never really used auto{make,conf} really for
Jan-Benedict> anything else than as a _user_. I've ./configure'd something,
Jan-Benedict> but never ever created the autoconf/automake _base_ to get
Jan-Benedict> that ./configure. Maybe you are volunteering to do it? As it
Jan-Benedict> seems, this project doesn't have complicated source relations
Jan-Benedict> nor dependancies. You'll do that easily (and I'll most
Jan-Benedict> probably learn how to use the auto.* tools:)

*Grunt*

Fair enough request; however...

a) I found his makefiles almost impossible to figure out. "You are in a
   maze of twisty little make macros, all different."

b) It will be a rather low priority for me, so it may take up to a week.

c) I'll email the resulting files to you and the original author rather
   than the entire list (whose members could probably care less about the
   entire matter).

(No, I wasn't volunteering; this is something the original author should
 have done on his own.  Automake is easier to use than it appears, so it'll
 be one evening's work most of which will be take up with point (a) above.)

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above