Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: BK sync ?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: BK sync ?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:26:25 +0100

Karel Gardas <address@hidden> writes:

>> >  Hmm, so what about using bk2svn as the start, instead of bk?
>>
>> A few questions:
>>
>> Would that require svn to be setup?
>> Why not use base it on cscvs instead?
>
> Other question: is bk2cvs normal product sell by BitMover or just
> and only "service" provided to Linux kernel developers/users
> community? In the later case possible bk2arch might be used only for
> updating Linux Arch archive.

The idea seems a bit strange to me.  BitKeeper can export fairly
readable patches, and someone's already doing this for the Linux
kernel here <ftp://nl.linux.org/pub/linux/bk2patch/> (also available
by rsync).  These are one file per changeset, and have text at the
beginning showing file renames and things.  That surely ought to be
better than trying to go via CVS.  (I think there's a mailing list
where you can get changesets, too.)

[...]