Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:12:56 +0100

On 2003-09-17 16:22:50 +0100 Robert Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
well). Only a recent debian version worked. automake would indeed not
have led to this problem.

I do not see how automake would have avoided this problem. It supports the avoidance of recursive make, which is good practice to be encouraged. It may construct a Makefile with the same effect as the one used now, depending on what the author put in the Makefile.* If the version of make used is buggy, it will still be buggy when reading the generated Makefile. Use of automake is unconnected with the bug in make, as far as I can tell.

Maybe the author should rewrite his Makefile to use different macros now that the problems have been reported, but that's nothing to do with automake use.