[going OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial releas

From: Doran Moppert
Subject: [going OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:55:13 +1000

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 12:41:59PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:
> > I came to a different conclusion: automake ... only supports one,
> > rapidly aging dependency-checking build tool: make.
>
> Yeah, they should definitely support all those other dependency-checking
> tools used by more than 3 people... er...
>
> [If you're one of the 3 people, then you probably don't need automake
> anyway, since its main purpose is to paper over deficiencies in make.]

s/automake/`apt-cache search cvs`/
s/make/cvs/

funny how better-designed tools get both support and resistance from the same
people in different contexts :). Not that I can talk -- I still use Make, just
enhanced with some shell scripts I couldn't be bothered obfuscating to get
them to work in a Makefile ...

So, does anyone have any enlightening experiences of using arch+[insert build
tool]? ;)