[Gnu-arch-users] Metadata retrieval method request

From: Samium Gromoff
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Metadata retrieval method request
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:37:33 +0400

        Wouldn`t it be good to have an additional archive meta-info record
 which would serve the purpose of specifying the type of an archive,
 i.e. whether it is a plain archive or a mirror, like this:

        bash-3.01a$ tla archive-meta-info type
        {plain,mirror}

        I didn`t have found anything giving this information in both
 the `tla help'/`tla $WHATEVER_RELEVANT -H' and the html documentation.

        Also it would be useful to know which archives this one depends on
 tagwise, per-branch:

        bash-3.01a$ tla archive-tag-dependencies -A address@hidden
        foocode--uberfeature
                address@hidden/foocode--mainline
        foocode--woot-nextgen
                address@hidden/foocode--woot

        I`m not sure this is the best way to provide this information,
 especially given that an archive could have enough tag dependencies
 for this way to be come inefficient, though.

regards, Samium Gromoff