Re: [Gnu-arch-users] address@hidden: Please forward]

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] address@hidden: Please forward]
Date: 18 Sep 2003 08:34:17 -0700

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 07:42, Tom Lord wrote:

> [Re the difficulties getting 1.1pre5 onto ftp.gnu.org:]

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
> Please forward this message to the list.
>
> Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new release?
>
> We have a full-time sysadmin, but he is struggling to cope with the
> mail troubles caused by Microsoft carelessness and that has prevented
> him from finishing all the work that we need to do to clean up from
> the cracking discovered in July.

Rather than struggling in silence and possibly inexperience, in my
opinion this full-time sysadmin should have a daily online journal and a
mailing list for public discussion of such troubles.

Maybe he's superman doing the work of a team of 10.  Or maybe this is
his first root access, he's in way over his head, and there are 5-minute
solutions to these problems from experienced admins.

Without some transparency, it's impossible to know.  Anyway, wrong
audience but if others agree maybe it might filter back to the right
ears.

Bob