Re: [Gnu-arch-users] moving a directory?

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] moving a directory?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:41:04 -0700

On Sunday, Sep 21, 2003, at 00:53 US/Pacific, Robert Collins wrote:

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 17:39, Dustin Sallings wrote:
        Is the inability to move a directory intentional?

What inability?

dustinti:~/prog/eprojects 591% tla move -H
move an explicit inventory tag
usage: tla move [options] from to

  -h, --help     Display a help message and exit.
  -H             Display a verbose help message and exit.
  -V, --version  Display a release identifier string
                 and exit.

Move an explicit inventory tag for FILE (which may be a regular
file or symbolic link but which must not be a directory).

tla move explicitly states that you can't move directories. This kind of seems like a harmful limitation to me.

I can't get tla move to work on normal files, though (at least not when moving to a different directory).

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>