Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [TLATOR] Second major update.

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [TLATOR] Second major update.
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:18:41 -0400

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 00:28, Samium Gromoff wrote:

> PS:
>       If somebody knows why the hell a GtkLabel packed into a GtkBox with
>               gtk_box_pack_start(GtkBox, GtkWidget, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
>  still ends up growing when a larger text is put inside, let me know, it`ll
> fix that
>  annoying window jumping...

A label will requisition at least the size of the text inside it, so
unless you're using something like GtkFixed it will be allocated the
whole requisition.

If you want to limit the size of the text displayed, you have two
options.  First, you can use a combination of GtkTable and GtkAlignment
to get the exact layout percentage you want.

Or alternatively you can use the ellipsizing label widget that's
floating around.  I have a copy in the Rhythmbox source that I've fixed
a few bugs in, so you'll probably want to grab that.

Archive: address@hidden
Location: http://arch.verbum.org/rhythmbox
Revision: rhythmbox--mainline--1.0

And the file is: