Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:10:25 +1000

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 14:09, Tom Lord wrote:
>     > From: Robert Anderson <address@hidden>
>
>     > On the other hand, if the pristine trees can go elsewhere or not be
>     > needed at all, I wouldn't complain about it.
>
> Do a little shell-scripting with hooks to manage a rev-lib.
>
> I anticipate requests like "I need a hook that fires when X happens"
> and "I need a ~/.arch-params setting to make --no-pristine the
> default".

Ok, hows this:
I'm not sure whether per-user, or per-project-tree is the right scope
for changing the default --[no-]pristine.

So either a .arch-params, or a {arch}/??? option.

I need a hook, to be called when arch needs a read-only copy of a given
revision. The hook needs to be provided:
* Where arch wants the revision to be made available OR
  Some way of returning the path to the revision once retrieved.
* the revision name
* the project tree

Rob