Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:08:41 -0700

On Thursday, Sep 25, 2003, at 23:49 US/Pacific, Charles Duffy wrote:

I suspect, however, that supporting two such "standards" is the sort of
thing that users in the future will be prone to looking back on as
accreted cruft.

Which is to say: I'd take the worse of them (and no, I'm not specifying
which I think that is) over having *both* of them.

My feeling is that, while tla is very usable software, it's still early enough in general acceptance to fix any problems that could potentially cause compatibility issues. Arch is an incredibly impressive design, but I don't think some aspects are as well-thought-out as others.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>