Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:24:38 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>

    > I happen to like using an editor when I write my log messages.
    > Right now, I make-log, vi the log, and commit.  That's a three
    > step process that doesn't need to be more than one step given
    > the way I typically work.  What's wrong with making such a thing
    > an option?

I don't understand why you don't create a shell alias or tiny script
on your path.

In essence, you're asking for feature that, whenever you run commit,
goes and runs some other program first --- but there are lots of
mechanisms for running two programs in a row: why do we need more?
Or, why shouldn't _every_ program have such an option?