Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:58:21 +0100

Andrea Arcangeli <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> The benefits of tagline (I understood there are in terms of merging,
> like across directories and across hosts, hope I didn't
> misunderstand) should be extended to the 'explicit' tagging, then
> there will be no real reason to use tagline anymore, other than to
> pollute the files and to avoid running add-tag delelte-tag move-tag.

I think you may have misunderstood both tagline and explicit.  Both
allow tracking of renamed files and things.  The advantage of tagline
is that (once you've added the tag) just renaming the file will work.
With explicit, you need to use "tla move".  But both will work fine.

The tagline tagging method permits the use of explicit.  If you have a
file which doesn't have a tagline, you can use "tla add" on it, and
that'll create an explicit tag (a file in .arch_ids), and then "tla
move" and things will work.