[Gnu-arch-users] Hardlinked working trees

From: Tom Mraz
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Hardlinked working trees
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:56:08 +0200

about adding an argument to `tla get' so that it would hardlink instead
of copying files from the revision library (if possible)? It escapes my

that would make it. Of course I'm playing risky, but I'm fine to deal
with that risk, the payoff makes it worthwhile, it's simply up to me
(not to the kernel since the kernel can't do that) to always do
copy-on-write on all the checked out trees.

I think you could keep the revision library under a different UID.  This
way, the kernel would remind you when you try to do something stupid.
8-)

Or arch could simply save and check the inode signature of the files
from revision library and if it was changed it would issue an error
message. I think it would be pretty safe then.

Tom Mraz