[Gnu-arch-users] I hate CVS right now!

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] I hate CVS right now!
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:28:44 +0200

I have an embarrassing confession to make. First a bit of a disclaimer
though: I do have some experience with CVS, but I have little experience
in providing patches to open-source projects where I don't have write
access.

So, I made some changes, among other things I added a file. Now, without
actually 'adding' it to CVS, it won't show up in 'cvs diff'. This
slipped my mind, I posted the patch on the SourceForge, and deleted my
local copy, I mean, why keep it? I know where to find it, and chances
are SF won't disappear before the end of the year anyway, right?

Well, now I have started to track the original CVS from SF in a local
arch repository. I downloaded and applied my patch, and of course things
won't build, since the patch isn't complete... Aargh!

A hard lesson to learn...

/M

BTW, feel free to use my stupidity as an example when making arch vs.
CVS comparisons. Just, please don't use my name 8-)

address@hidden
http://members.chello.nl/m.therning/

     -- Pablo Picasso