Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:04:17 -0400

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:12:34PM +0400, Samium Gromoff wrote:
> > ext2/ext3
> >
> > [Yes, they suck in many ways, but they're pretty much a fact of life for
> > the near-term future]
>
>       Not exactly. Many people already use ReiserFS. And yes it does _very_
>  cpu-wise efficient handling of large amount of files and also tail packing.

Care to quantify "Many people"?

As far as I know, it's a small minority, and will be for a long time.  Most
people are _very_ conservative about choosing what filesystem they use, and
reiserfs doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation for stability.

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia