Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:54:14 -0400

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 11:40:58PM +0200, Robin Farine wrote:
> So I hope I understand your point better now, you cited an example
> where Hans Reiser preferred optimization to correctness, source of
> your prejudice.

>From reading lkml regularly, I've noticed that Hans Reiser seems to generally
prefer optimization over, say, robustness too (note this is based on what he
_says_ not on any evaulation of his software)...

My general feeling is that reiserfs (v4?) may eventually be a contender for
general purpose use, but that it's not there yet, unless you fall into the
`disk trashed? no biggie.' camp (which a fair number of people do, at least
for some of their disks).

-Miles
--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Ghandi