Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Davide Libenzi
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:37:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Robert Anderson wrote:

> > Personally I do see some of Andrea points. I'm using explicit tagging
> > because, like Andrea, I do want to commit strictly.
>
> What is the source of this canard?  What does "strict commits" have to
> do with explicit tagging?  Please explain your thought process.

Ok, I will ;) I come from a school where we didn't like things (files
included in a commit) magically happen. I do fairly often use-and-trash C
(or Perl or whatever) test source files that are used to test something
and that I do not want to be included in my commits. I do not care of
doing {add, delete, move}-tag to include only things that I want to be
included. It is not absolutely my plan to force everyone to share this
methodology, like at the same time you should recognize that people are
used to do things in different ways.

- Davide