Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: cscvs--experimental--1.1 nearing doneness; call

From: John Goerzen
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: cscvs--experimental--1.1 nearing doneness; call for testers
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:10:28 -0500

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 08:48:37PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

[snip]
> After it finishes please let us know all the sizes of archive (compared
> to 450M of _uncompressed_ bkcvs) and the time tla takes for every

I already have some stats for you.  You might be aware that I have a Linux
archive in Arch already over at http://arch.debian.org/.  This archive
contains every released version of Linux on both the stable and development
trees since 0.01 and many pre and testing versions as well.  The entire size
of that archive, including several cached revisions, is 450MB.  Exclusive of
cached revisions, it is around 250MB.

When I get the cscvs thing to work, I intend to replace my 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6
trees with the cscvs ones.

I have not run a checkin on this tree since Tom added the inode cache to
tla, so I don't have complete stats for you yet.  I'll let you know once
cscvs is ready.

BTW, I have some scripts, kernimport and tla_load_dirs, that I use to import
both tar.bz2 and patch.bz2 files into tla.

-- John