[Gnu-arch-users] replay and star-merge interaction.

From: David Brown
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] replay and star-merge interaction.
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:08:14 -0700

I have a branch:

   proj--release--1.0--base-0 .. patch-2

and my development branch.

   proj--devo--1.0--base-0 .. patch-11

I've done star-merges from the release branch to keep my development
branch current.

Someone suddenly needed patch-9 and patch-10 from my devo branch,
so I (in a release tree)

  tla replay proj--devo--1.0--patch-9
  tla replay proj--devo--1.0--patch-10
  tla commit

Now, I don't seem to be able to do star-merges any more.  In either
direction, it seems to undo everything I've done from patch-1 to patch-8
in my devo tree.

What is the best way to get star merge to work again?  The best I'm come
up with is, in the release tree:

  tla replay --reverse proj--devo--1.0--patch-9
  tla replay --reverse proj--devo--1.0--patch-10
  tla star-merge -t proj--devo--1.0

which seems to do the right thing.  But, until I'm read to do that, I
can't figure out how to merge release changes that others might make
back into my devo tree.

Dave Brown