Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Patch : precomimt hook

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Patch : precomimt hook
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:57:10 +1000

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:26:37 +0200
Samuel Tardieu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Probably about zero if you do not submit a request on
> savannah.nongnu.org :-)

OK, I'll do that when I've had a bit more of a think about how to do
this.

> Erik>               {
> Erik> - int exit_status;
> Erik> -
> Erik>                 exit_status = WEXITSTATUS (status);
> Erik>               }
>
> Ouch! Wasn't this one a bug?

Before or after my patch? I beleieve that it was a bug before but
not after.

In the above function, exit_status was defined twice, once at the top of
the function and once in the small block shown here. If the GCC -Wshadow
command line switch is turned on this would have been a warning.

After the patch, exit_status is only defined once in this function.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"There is no satisfactory substitute for excellence."
-- Dr. Arnold O. Beckman