[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 01:33:10 +0100

Charles Duffy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 18:26, Bruce Stephens wrote:
>> I presume humans only need to be involved when you're trying to import
>> a new tarball or something (where BitKeeper can't know how files have
>> been moved around).
>
> ...the example you provide being also useful as a case-in-point
> regarding the advantages of tags internal to the source.

Yes.  (I almost commented on that.)  This is a case where taglines
would be of use, and could be used by things other than arch.

I'm not sure how useful they'd be.  My guess is that file renames are
relatively unusual.  (Certainly they are in my experience; however,
part of that may be that we're using CVS, which doesn't handle renames
well.  I don't think that's the only reason, though---it's just not
something that you want to do *that* often.)