Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit (was Linus Torvalds <addre

From: Davide Libenzi
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit (was Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:53:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Pau Aliagas wrote:

> > My question is why do I need the tag in the files if tla does everything
> > automatically already? You acknowledge I've to tag-move explicitly
> > anyways for the strict commit to work.
>
> In no way I acknowledge this, not at all. You can have "strict commit"
> with tagline or explicit, undistinctively, if you state that
> untagged-source = junk.

I trusted you guys and now I'm using tagline and I edit the tagging file
to ignore the untagged-source. But I will never drop metadata in my source
files, so the tagline super-set will never be used in my source code. Or,
to put it in another way, pages that holds the code to parse the tag-line:
will be never faulted in my setup :)

- Davide