Re: [Gnu-arch-users] expert needed: arch doesn't support multi-committer

From: Ethan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] expert needed: arch doesn't support multi-committer archives!
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 01:22:45 -0800

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:08:54AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 12:31:14AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > > sftp DOES have a umask command built in, so arch can set the permissions
> > > to whatever the sftp user-login has the ability to.
> > >
> > > So how can we tell arch about these policies?
> >
> > well either a =meta-info/=umask file, or it can stat the top level
> > directory (say the cat--branch--version directory).  and set a umask
> > to match the permissions it has set.
>
> Setting the umask is what your login scripts are for.

login scripts are not run on sftp connections.

besides that my method of stat'ing various directories and setting a
umask to match those permissions is much more flexible.

this way you can have different access permissions for different
branches, or versions.

so when commiting a simple changeset the permissions of
cat--branch--ver directory would be copied, if creating a new version
permissions of cat--branch would be copied, if creating a new branch
permissions of the category would be copied, if creating a new
category the permissions of the top level archive dir would be copied.

one could also restrict access on who is allowed to create new
categories/branches/versions.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/