Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with webdav?

From: Gerhard Siegesmund
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with webdav?
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:38:56 +0200

> Yes.   I'm not really expert enough in that area to say much more but
> others have had trouble with webdav vs firewalls.
> In this specific case, you can work-around just by using the vanilla
> http mirror of the archive:
>    http://arch.quackerhead.com/~lord/archives/address@hidden

Strange. This also doesn't seem to work. I get the same error

webdav error: Could not resolve hostname `arch.quackerhead.com': Host
not found

It even seems that there isn't anything happening at all over the
connection. If I use the IP instead of the DNS-Name everything works as
expected. Strange. No other tool has any problems resolving a hostname.
Does this help in finding the error?

--
cu
  --== Jerri ==--