Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: designing how to kill pristine trees

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: designing how to kill pristine trees
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:00:07 -0400

I like the idea of pristine trees going away and being replaced by a
hierarchy of revlibs, which cach each be managed in an appropriate way.

I think I have some special requirements in that not only do I have lots of
source trees, but I tend to keep them in many different `collections', and I
want pristine trees/revlibs to be `near' their associated source trees (see
my earlier post for details) -- though it would be nice to keep the
`pristine' revlib and the `library' revlib separate for each collection, so
that the former can be aggressively pruned automatic mechanisms, and the
latter maintained manually.

So I'm not exactly sure how tla could accomodate this, other than by having a
hardwired algorithm like the one I previously suggested.  Would it be too
expensive for tla to invoke a script to construct the revlib path?

Hmm, I think I like the idea of scripts handling all this stuff more and
more, it would let me really tune things to my liking; of course the
defaults must be good too!

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'