Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len

From: Zack Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:32:00 -0700

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:05:23PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Zack Brown <address@hidden>
>
>     > That's my impression from lkml discussion. I think BK isn't perfect with
>     > this, but my understanding is that when it works from a diff, it looks
> at
>     > created and deleted files, to see if they are really renames. It takes a
>     > little extra time, but apparently it's worth it.
>
>     > One of the more impressive aspects of BK.
>
> Well, by all means, please feel free to take the few hours to code it
> up for arch.   Of course, for embedded tags, it already works :-)
> By Larry's accounting, I guess you'll be doing a few $100K worth of work.

lol! Yeah, Larry has toned down those wild claims lately, probably
because it's becoming clear how wild they really were. BK is still ahead
of the game in terms of spit and polish, but it's starting to look as
though tla really has a sleaker and just better fundamental design,
which should help close that gap.

I notice there are not so many comments in the sources. Has anyone
considered working up a "developer's guide" to hacking tla? That would
be really cool.

Be well,
Zack

--