[Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:45:05 +0900

    Miles> Keep in mind that one of Linus's most charming (and useful)
    Miles> attributes is his willingness to cheerfully reverse himself
    Miles> when his choices prove wrong...

Sure.  All accounted for, and I'm still willing to offer long odds.
Linus knows what he needs, and he doesn't need "experts" to tell him
about keeping his options open---that's one of the things he's _best_
at.  If in spite of that, he chooses "explicit", well, I'm willing to
bet he _won't_ change his mind, because he will have made a correct
assessment of the _low_ value of tagline _to him_.