[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Design proposal to kill pristine trees

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Design proposal to kill pristine trees
Date: 08 Oct 2003 19:39:37 +0900

Pau Aliagas <address@hidden> writes:
> Let's see if I understand it: you want arch to invoke a hook, if existing,
> each time it needs to find or make a revision library or pristine tree,
> that is each time it calls arch_find_or_make_local_copy.

Actually I thought that it would be sufficient to only do it once, the
first time a revlib/pristine was needed, and thereafter return a cached
copy of the result returned the first time (that's one reason for having
the hook-script return a path).

> We'd need to modify the library functions to accept a path.

I'm not sure of the internal detail, I just know what I want. :-)

> Witha nice script you can even use it to prune the unneeded revisions.

Wouldn't that be better done by another, more specialized hook (e.g. one that
is called to supply a _particular_ revision out of a library)?

More later, I have to go to the gym...

Thanks,

-Miles
--