Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla archives return value

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla archives return value
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:04:33 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Marco =?iso-8859-15?q?Z=FChlke?= <address@hidden>

    > On Thursday 09 October 2003 03:50, Tom Lord wrote:
    > >     > From: Robert Collins <address@hidden>

    > >     > > How about an `archive-location' command?

    > >     > Tell me the interface you'd like, and I'll code that & use it.

    > > uh.... how about
    > >         % tla archive-location name
    > >         location
    > >         (exit non-0 if name is not registered)

    > Whats the difference to the already existing command
    > 'tla whereis-archive name' ? For me it looks very similar (if not equal).

Hehe.   I think we just plain forgot about whereis-archive.

Nevertheless, whereis-archive gets some things wrong:

        % tla whereis-archive address@hidden
        [PANIC MESSAGE...]
        (exit status 2)

        % tla whereis-archive invalidarchivename
        [ERROR MESSAGE]
        (exit status 1)

so while there should be only one command here, it needs (or needed)
some work (to be silent for non-registered archives, exit 1 for
non-registered archives, and exit 2 for invalid archive names).