Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus

From: Ollivier Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:11:06 +0200

According to Zack Brown:
> The kernel is more than just a 'canonical' example, it's the only large free
> project that has been able to identify true needs that cannot be satisfied by
> free versioning tools.

That's not correct. The FreeBSD project has been using Perforce for some years
now for side projects that gets committed to CVS later like most of the SMPng
and the new ports (sparc64/PPC).

Perl has been also using Perforce for at least 4 years for the same reason:
CVS limitations.

> Not just tla, but *any* project can benefit from such a set of potential
> users. And the Linux kernel developers represent the *only* set of users
> that we know of, who would (a) rather use a free tool, and (b) are currently

Look around please :)
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- address@hidden
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 6.8: Wed Sep 10 15:20:55 PDT 2003