Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:59:13 -0400

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 03:23:45PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > The main thing is that due ot the way FreeBSD is developped, a centralised
> > solution like CVS or P4 works nicely. Switching to a distributed system ??
> > la Arch would be quite a large change.
>
> It won't be that different if you use a patch queue manager; then you
> get all the good things about centralization, while still allowing
> distributed development around the center.

As far as I know there's nothing preventing arch from being used _exactly_
like CVS, with everyone committing to the same archive (and there's no
obstacle to moving to more distributed development in that case either).

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen