[Gnu-arch-users] option abbrevs/invisible-aliases in hackerlab?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] option abbrevs/invisible-aliases in hackerlab?
Date: 14 Oct 2003 09:22:54 +0900

An interesting side-effect of the renamed tla command `changes', from
`what-changed', is that I find myself always typing:

   tla changes --diff

where of course it should be `--diffs'.  This never used to be a problem
with `what-changed', so I guess it's my builtin english grammar rules
intruding -- it's positively _hard_ to type two plurals in a row.*

In most gnu programs this wouldn't actually be an error, because options
are allowed to be abbreviated, but the hackerlab option parsing stuff
doesn't seem to implement this.

I presume that adding abbreviations would more work, so is there some
way to add an `invisible' option alias or something for this sort of
situation?

Thanks,

-Miles

* Living in japan has apparently messed up this instinct to some degree,
  but naturally never in positive way, just leading to odd plural and
  tense mistakes when I want to type correct english.  Well I assume
  it's living here anyway, maybe it's just my brain dissolving...  shit
  my brain is dissolving!
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....