[Gnu-arch-users] Equivalent of "cvs export" and CSCVS

From: Roberto Mello
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Equivalent of "cvs export" and CSCVS
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:42:33 -0600

Greetings all,

I am a newcomer to arch, a project that I am very impressed with, so
please excuse my ignorance.

How I get do the equivalent of a "cvs export" in arch? export grabs a copy
of the repository suitable for release (i.e. without the control
directories and files)

Also, I am evaluating arch for use in the OpenACS (openacs.org) project,
but we need to be able to import our CVS history (but not keep arch and CVS
synchronized). So I checked out a copy or cscvs and got it working. The
README was misleading in that it says to install a Twisted module but
actually uses sqlite now.

I ran cscvs cache -b, and it spent a few minutes populating the cache, but
I'm at a loss on what to do next. I'd like to now import the entire HEAD
branch of CVS into an arch repository. Any help with that would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +