Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ANN: Spaces in filenames

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ANN: Spaces in filenames
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:52:43 -0500

BTW, using '\ ' to mean space is probably a bad idea.  The escape should be
something that doesn't include any whitespace itself; that includes
higher-levels using space-delimited formats to read input containing escaped
strings without having to do low-level escaping parsing themselves.

If you want to use C-style escapes, something like '\s' seems better.

Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?