[Gnu-arch-users] anonymous id

From: Tez Kamihira
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] anonymous id
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:44:43 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

Every new comer hesitates to use tla when they enter their "ID"
through "tla my-id" command, because it includes their own e-mail
address as a part of it. I think it's a very resonable & healthy
reaction. and soon this world will be filled with many hotmail &
yahoo's accouts.

I made a tiny work to get rid of this problem. Using this patch,
tla makes some random ID just like "Anonyous <address@hidden>"
where GGGG is so-called GUID or UUID.

I don't know what kind of influences does it cause in the whole
tla system. Is it harmful ? harmless ? or stupid idea ?

   address@hidden
       http://arch.bluegate.org:8080/{archives}/tez-2003b
   address@hidden/tla--uuid--1.0

     - Tez