Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Emacs UI

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Emacs UI
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 05:30:19 +0100

Milan Zamazal <address@hidden> writes:

>     AR> I would be very interested in a emacs UI for tla and am also
>     AR> willing to help with or even start such an effort (although I'm
>     AR> far from an ELisp hacker). But before I do so, I of course want
>     AR> to know if people have already done work in this area. Opinons,
>     AR> thoughts and implementation hints are wanted, too :-)
>
> FWIW, the very simple tla interface I use is at
> http://www.zamazal.org/software/emacs/tla.el .  I'm no Arch expert and
> my use of Arch is quite experimental, so that's most of I need.  Also,
> unlike CVS, Arch is sophisticated enough not to require much of external
> user interface support (e.g. from Emacs).  One particular feature I'd
> like to have in the Emacs interface is automated copying of ChangeLog
> entries to the Arch log buffers.

Yes, that would be nice, along with a buffer like in PCL-CVS, where
you can see the changed files and diff them as well as mark them fr
e.g. commit (I'm doing patchset-isolation -- picking out clean
changesets in a bunch of changes -- ATM, and quite miss this from
PCL-CVS).

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

This reality is really just a fucked-up dream -- Papa Roach