Re: [Gnu-arch-users] recent changes in address@hidden, and star-merge an

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] recent changes in address@hidden, and star-merge and update/replay defaults
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 22:53:50 -0500

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 22:55, Tom Lord wrote:

> Well, an overarch abstraction might decide to add an "=upstream"
> notation in {arch}, as one possibility.  Or, for that matter, more
> than one of them.

Ok, I would accept that.  This brings us back to my "clone" idea; how
about having "tla clone" create this file by default?  This would be
slightly ugly because it would mean a clone operation would have to be
both a base-0 which is a continuation, and then a patch-1 adding the
{arch}/=upstream.

> Otherwise, we can work on that "other solution" but isn't the pony a
> higher priority?

Ah...parse error?

BTW, you didn't answer my question about the situations in which it
would cause problems.