Re: [Gnu-arch-users] A separate mailing list for tlator?

From: Robert Collins
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:02:37 +1100

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 23:25, Samium Gromoff wrote:

> The problem is, i have a problem of having about zero feedback, so far.
>
> I didn`t really _ever_ heard from anybody if it is useful, which
> features it lacks, where should it be improved, whether it sucks,
> is it completely irrelevant, aggressively harmful or whatever.
>
> I imply that it is a useful piece of software, and hence,
> i tend to attribute the problem to the fact that people are reluctant
> to bother the list with offtopic feedback on tlator.

Ah. Well I've not heard any complaints about tlator noise - and this
list has quite a varied topic already. Up to you of course, but perhaps
it's just that the word isn't getting out? (Is tlator mentioned on any
of the 'official' documentation, such as the Wiki ?)

As far as I can tell, there are at least 4 guis:
tlator
a .net one
Zanders one
one more I'm forgetting.

I suspect someone needs to write a good, clear page about them and link
the wiki to it in the hope that it will get googled reasonable quickly.

Rob

P.S. I have had a similar experience with config-manager, I'm completely
unaware of who is and isn't tracking it, until a user pops up and says
<xyz>. (Like Robin for instance :})