Re: [Gnu-arch-users] is there demand for itla?

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] is there demand for itla?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:51:50 +0100

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 06:12:12PM -0800, Ian Duggan wrote:
> My only concern is whether the choice of guile will attract a large enough
> set
> of developers to make overarch grow quickly/be useable to a large population.
> I like scheme/lisp and all, but just not sure how many people out there can
> hack on it. You don't think it would be a limiting factor?

FWIW I believe the right way to go for itla, is to implement all the
lowlevel library calls as python C funtion/classes, and to control the
whole highlevel thing from python. so the tla you call from the shell
would be a python script not a C program. The cpu intensive thing (i.e.
gzip) won't be a python script of course. then itla will be basically a
python shell.

but really, I can't care less about those issues until arch isn't at
least nearly as good as cvs+cvsps and we've an import of the 2.5 cvs
into an arch repository at full granularity with >13000 changesets.