RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch On Cygwin(Win32)

From: Parker, Ron
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch On Cygwin(Win32)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:38:41 -0600

> From: Robert Collins [mailto:address@hidden

> stat in cygwin is implemented via FindFirstFile, and long path support
> is already covered in the patch Ron and I are trading back and forth.

It may be a little while before we are able to get this integrated.  I made
sure not to grant my employer rights to the software I work on when they
hired me.  Nonetheless, Red Hat needs a disclaimer from them before they can
accept my patches.  This is something I know my employer won't issue without
our legal department getting involved.  And as I told Chris at Red Hat,
legal must be traveling at nearly the speed of light, because when they say
something won't take long it seems like an eternity to the rest of us.

<sigh>