Re: [Gnu-arch-users] multi-committer functionality revisited

From: zander
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] multi-committer functionality revisited
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:15:54 +0100

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 12:25:30PM +0100, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 10:09, Tom Lord wrote:
> > While I would be against the "copy permissions" hack and against a
> > "tla umask" command, I would not be against support for archive
> > URLs of the forms (suitably adjusted if I've violated uri syntax):
> >

> >     file%umask=XXX://path/to/your/archive
> >
> >     sftp%umask=XXX:/address@hidden/path/to/your/archive
> >
> >     sftp:/%umask=XXX,address@hidden/path/to/your/archive
>

> file:///path/to/your/archive?umask=XXX
> note the /// <- this uses an implied localhost for the host portion of
> the uri.

According to the RFCs file: is localhost per definition, this extra is not
needed and should be filtered before being fed to the parsing mechanisms.
Naturally multiple slashes in unix are ignored..

> sftp://address@hidden/path/to/your/archive?umask=XXX
>
> http://address@hidden/path/to/archive?umask=XXX
>
> etc.
>
> the ? delimits the abs_path from the query_part.

So a questionmark in a filename would be encoded as:
    %3f
?

Roberts version looks fully RFC complient to me.

--
Thomas Zander