Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more on the merge-fest

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more on the merge-fest
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:18:59 -0600

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 20:10, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> I've never seen tests form an adequete substitute for gdb. Usually
> they just tell you that you need to break out gdb and figure out what
> the hell happened.

In those fairly few cases where I've actually followed proper test-case
discipline, I've found it to be *very* helpful with regard to avoiding
gdb usage -- because bugs get caught at the point in the program where
their root cause occurs, rather than at the point in the program where
it affects end-user-visible behavior.