Re: [Gnu-arch-users] mailing list archives - broken

From: michael josenhans
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:53:18 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:
> nntp from news.gmane.org (as are many other mailing lists)

Here the full Game arch access details:

Via Newsreader:
--------------
Server: 'news.gmane.org'
The news groups:
- gmane.comp.version-control.arch.user
- gmane.comp.version-control.arch.bugs

Via Gmane Web interface:
------------------------
- http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.arch.user
- http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.arch.bugs

Michael

PS:
Would anyone mind to put this access information on Archs Wiki pages?

Miles Bader wrote:
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 11:27:58PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:

What about using http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/ ?
Its got a hell of a lot better interface..

I think the marc interface sucks (worse than the typical pipermail archive
anyway), though perhaps it's appropriate for extremely high-throughput lists
like the LKML (but not gnu-arch-users).

Since it's a sad fact that the great majority of web mail-archive interfaces
suck, I'll point out that the gnu-arch-users mailing list is available via
nntp from news.gmane.org (as are many other mailing lists), so you can use
gnus or something to browse, which is infinitely better than the web
interface.

-Miles