Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla python gui

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla python gui
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:13:30 +0100

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 03:27:04PM -0800, Yasushi Saito - at home wrote:
> I put a new version of tla GUI frontend at
>
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Yasushi_Saito/pyarch/
>
> * Added supports for viewing, applying, or star-merging patches from
> multiple archive/versions.
> * Added supports for adding or removing files from the tla inventory.
> * Added supports for creating or unregistering archives, and creating or
> branching projects.

Hey! PyArch is the name of my project :-)

address@hidden/pyarch--ddaa--0.5
  http://ddaa.net/{archives}/2003b

Currently that is an experimental python module providing bindings with
TLA. It aims to be the standard python binding for Arch.

Ben Burns tree also has some test-suite work I have to merge:

address@hidden/pyarch--bburns--0.5
    /home/david/home/{archives}/address@hidden

Writing a GTK2 GUI front-end in Python was one of my todo items. I will
have a look at your software and see if I can modify it to use my
bindings.

Meanwhile, it would be good if we good resolve the name-clash issue.
I planned to call the GUI "pytlator" or "pyarchgui" or something like
that. It seems to me that the very obvious name pyarch (or python-arch)
should be used for the binding software.

In regard to the newly added logo, maybe the gui could be called
"octopy"?

--
                                                            -- ddaa