[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: in-tree pristines fatally wounded (merge-fest e

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: in-tree pristines fatally wounded (merge-fest etc)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:47:26 +0000

On Dec 02 2003, Thomas wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 15:42, Charles Duffy wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 08:23, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > At this rate nobody will every want to pay you for tla (or itla for
> > > that matter, since I don't see how you will change your ways by
> > > inventing something new).
> >
> > Might I point out that this is demonstrably untrue?
> >
> > Perhaps *you* won't be paying Tom unless he scratches your itches, but
> > please don't presume to speak for everyone else.
>
> Which part is untrue?  The part where people won't pay Tom unless he
> actually earns it, or the part that Tom has a tendency to not scratch users
> itches ?

I for one had a big itch with CVS. Though I may have minor itches with
arch, there is no doubt that by creating it Tom as scratched my itch in
a major way. I would imagine there are quite a few people on this list
that agree with me on this[0] -- this is the arch-users list, after all.
I therefore think that saying Tom don't tend to scratch people's itches
is a bit unfair.

[0] But by all means, prove me wrong and I'll retract my statement. :)

Stig

--
brautaset.org