Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: in-tree pristines fatally wounded (merge-fest e

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: in-tree pristines fatally wounded (merge-fest etc)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:03:15 -0600

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 09:11, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Which part is untrue?  The part where people won't pay Tom unless he
> actually earns it, or the part that Tom has a tendency to not scratch users
> itches ?

That people won't pay Tom unless he scratches your specific itches (and
thus, by inference, that your itches are the ones that are important to
everyone else).

People *do* pay Tom. I'm one of them. And frankly, the usability stuff
you bring up is icing on the cake -- nice to have fixed eventually, but
far less important (to me) than the core functionality -- good merge
algorithms and such.