Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla python gui

From: Yasushi Saito - at home
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla python gui
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:34:47 -0800

David Allouche wrote:

Hey! PyArch is the name of my project :-)

Currently that is an experimental python module providing bindings with
TLA. It aims to be the standard python binding for Arch.

Ben Burns tree also has some test-suite work I have to merge:

Writing a GTK2 GUI front-end in Python was one of my todo items. I will
have a look at your software and see if I can modify it to use my

Meanwhile, it would be good if we good resolve the name-clash issue.
I planned to call the GUI "pytlator" or "pyarchgui" or something like
that. It seems to me that the very obvious name pyarch (or python-arch)
should be used for the binding software.
In regard to the newly added logo, maybe the gui could be called

No problem with changing the name. octopy sounds good (but I still don't see the link between octopus and arch...).