Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File list format consistency

From: Samium Gromoff
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File list format consistency
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 14:45:33 +0300

At Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:33:50 +0100,
Thomas Zander wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 13:30, Samium Gromoff wrote:
> > At Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:26:46 +0100,
> >
> > Thomas Zander wrote:

> > > I'm surprised you say that since I used (for my GUI) inventory with
> > > extra keywords to get more info; think about '--ids' and '--kind'.
> > > Those you don't have in changes.
> > >
> > > If you take that info and apply that to the tree-lint with specifier
> > > case you still only need one parsing algoritm (at least I do). Simply
> > > check if there is a one char leader or something.
> >
> > I`m:
> >     - completely puzzled as to what you talk about here.
>
> Sorry, I do think I was pretty clear.
>
> >     - complaining about show-changeset and tree-lint having a free-form
> >             text format.
>
> This was solved in an email before, just ask for an exact thing you want to
> know about.
> i.e.
>       tla tree-lint -m

So, obviously, i`ve made a mistake of misstating my point.

The original point was about the format inconsistency, which _consisted_
of "show-changeset and tree-lint having a free-form text format."

So, again, the lack of a consistent way to gather information was the
main problem i`ve stated.

> >     - proposing to make them like inventory and what-changed,
> >             i.e. set of strings each with a prefix type digraph.
>
> I hear you. And I answered your questions with some other questions and a
> solution.  I don't think I can be any clearer without speaking french.
> Sorry
> - --
> Thomas Zander

regards, Samium Gromoff