Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to back out a change

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to back out a change
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:14:52 -0600

It's no worse than some commerical version control systems.

For example, if you do not have permissions to remove an element from a
ClearCase repository, then the only way to "back out" a change is to:

1.  Check out the file.
2.  Get the previous version (the one prior to the screwed up check-in) and
    replace the checked-out file with that one.
3.  Check in (commit) that file.

Also note that in ClearCase, you can add or remove merge arrows on the
version tree to influence the merge algorithm that ClearCase uses to merge
branches.  The parallels with manipulating patch-logs are pretty clear to
me.

I really don't see the problem that you appear to see with way tla/arch
handles this case.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above