Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:13:04 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Roman Zippel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Mark A. Flacy wrote:
>
> > Roman> Then it's prefered to generate some identifiers for your
> > Roman> files. If arch generated these identifiers itself switching between
> > Roman> different tagging methods, simply add or remove something like
> > Roman> "$ArchId$" which is expanded during checkout.
> >
> > What is the purpose of $ArchId$ ?
>
> http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.12.4/cvs_12.html
> Arch could use this to track renames (but it would be optional for the
> user) and also use it for merges.

My personal opinion based on the fact that I have only problems with CVS
keywords substitution under various conditions is that this feature is not
needed and so it is good only to make issues. (problems are with doing
manual merging between two independent CVS repositories)

Also so far I have not any problem with Arch merging and so I can not
imagine the way how $ArchId$ might improve it. Have you already described
it in this thread? If so, then please excuse me, since I have just read
this email from it.

Cheers,

Karel
--